Click on an image below to view the gallery! 

Click on an image below to view the gallery!

Click on the first image below to read the story of the Beresford Hotel by Corinne Higgins! 

Second photo is of the Beresford Hotel on Lake Street, in Killaloe. 

Scroll through to view the gallery. 

In 1893, with the arrival of the Ottawa Parry Sound Railway, the tiny settlement became an important supply depot for as many as eleven lumber camps. Many businesses were established to meet the needs of the booming lumber industry.

The first business in Killaloe-built by William McDonell in 1868, was a water-powered sawmill on Brennan’s Creek, where the covered bridge now stands.

Other early businesses included blacksmiths, wagon makers, milliners, barbers, liquor agent, general merchants, livery operators and inn keepers.

More information regarding early business in Killaloe can be found by clicking on the ‘History’ category on the homepage of this site.

Scroll through to read the story and view the photos associated with the retirement of local barber Ed Cybulski, in 1976.

The following is a photo gallery of the members of the Canadian Mortgage Brokers Association in 1903; the photo is followed by a diagram and the caption.

 

Click on an image below to view the entire gallery!