If our library does not have what you are looking for ask us about getting it supplied from another library… we probably can!
What is an interlibrary loan?
Any borrowed book or item that comes from another library outside of the Killaloe Public Library system is considered an interlibrary loan. Patrons must check the Killaloe Public Library’s catalogue first to determine if the item is available from our collection prior to making an interlibrary loan request to borrow from other libraries.
How long does it take to fulfill a request?
This varies depending on the availability of the requested item. Many requests are filled in as little as a week. Harder to procure items could take up to six weeks or longer.
How do I request an interlibrary loan?
You can place a request through library staff at the public service desk.
. . .OR
You can use patron self-serve interlibrary loan to place your request yourself from the library, work, school, home … anywhere, anytime at your convenience (see below).
How do I renew a borrowed interlibrary loan item?
You must contact library staff to request a renewal of the loan period. Please contact the interlibrary loan department at our library.
Email: info @ killaloelibrary.ca
What is patron self-serve interlibrary loan?
INFOntario is the province-wide Interlibrary Loan network that Killaloe Public Library belongs to.
How can I sign up?
Library users must first possess a valid Killaloe Library card and have an interlibrary loan patron record created in the INFO system by our staff. To register, provide your full name, address, home phone number and library card number in an email to our interlibrary loan staff at info @ killaloelibrary.ca
How many books can I order through interlibrary loan?
Library members can request a maximum of three books at a time.
Where do I login to the patron access interlibrary loan system and how do I use it?
Visit our library’s website at www.killaloelibrary.ca and select the Interlibrary Loan link. Users need to sign in with a User ID, password and Authentication Service which is supplied by our interlibrary loan staff when you registered for self- service. You will find a link to user instructions below.
What if I don’t find what I am looking for in the INFO system?
Try contacting the library for their assistance.
How can I monitor the progress of my requests?
You can view the status of your request by looking at “My Requests” on the sidebar of the webpage to know when it has been processed, shipped and received. You can also observe if your interlibrary loan request has been cancelled because the item is locally held in the Killlaloe library or if the policies of the lending library prohibit loan. If there is any problem with your request, library staff will alert you. Please do not resubmit your request.
How will I be notified that my material is available?
Patron notification will take place once the item has been received at the library where the patron is registered. Library staff will inform the patron by telephone or e-mail. Prompt pick-up ensures that you will have the maximum borrowing time.
Requesting an interlibrary loan
Once you’re sure that your library does not have the item you’re looking for, you can request an inter-library loan.
Getting Started with patron self-serve interlibrary loan:
- Go to the link on our library website or use https://info.vdxhost.com and select English or French.
- Select Sign In and enter your User ID and password as provided by the Interlibrary Loan office.
- Choose Killaloe Public Library as your library location from the Authentication Service menu.
- Select Standard or Advanced Search.
- Note Current Profile drop down menu – You will use these search profiles to do your searching.
- Select Rideau North as your initial search profile.
- Enter keywords from the title, and/or author. No matches from the first profile? Select a different profile and so on, moving through all the profiles if necessary.
- Select Details to verify this is the item you want. Be sure that an ISBN number is listed, as this is how your book is located in the system. If it doesn’t list an ISBN number, select it from another library.
- Select Get it!to place a request. Item details are automatically entered in the interlibrary loan form.
- Complete the form by selecting your preferred Pickup Location from the drop down menu at the bottom of the form.
- Click-Request button to send your request.
- There is no need to print the request. You can view your requests at any time using the My Requests link.
- Sign Out when you are finished.
*Please Note – The maximum number of books ordered at one time is three. Most libraries do not lend DVDs. A more comprehensive “take home” User Guide is available from library staff or on the library website.
Click here for more thorough information on patron self serve inter-library loans.
You must be logged in to post a comment.