The library has five computer workstations available to the public. Wireless internet service is also available 24/7. Password is available at the front desk during library hours.
Scanning is available at the public workstations as well as b&w printing (0.25$ per sheet). Currently, we do not offer wireless printing services. Fax service is available at the front desk ($1 per page).
Internet Access Policy
The Killaloe Library offers internet service in order to provide access to information and to uphold the informational, educational, recreational and cultural needs of the community. The library advocates the principle of intellectual freedom.
- The Killaloe Library assumes no responsibility for sites that may be considered controversial, offensive or outdated, or that do not meet the library’s standards of collection development. Children’s access to the internet, as with all library resources, is the responsibility of parents or guardians.
- Children and young adults under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian in order to be allowed access to the Killaloe Library’s internet service. Parents are encouraged to monitor their child’s internet sessions, and to inform the child if there are resources they do not want the child to access. None of our computers have filtering programs.
- Please be aware that staff cannot monitor the public’s use of the internet. Individuals are expected to refrain from displaying offensive information or images. Internet users may not use the Killaloe Library’s internet service for illegal or unethical purposes. The library is also not responsible for infringement of copyright laws.
- Installing or attempting to install viruses or other programs designed to damage or alter software on the workstations, the local area network or the internet, or seeking unauthorized access to any computer system is prohibited.
- The Killaloe Public Library does not assume responsibility for the content, accuracy, or reliability of the information found on the internet.
- Use of memory sticks is at the user’s risk.
- Use of library computers is limited to 30 minutes if there are others waiting.
- Library staff are available to help with basic computer problems.
- Patrons are expected to leave the computers as they were found. Wallpaper, backgrounds, etc. may not be changed.
- PATRONS MUST SIGN IN BEFORE USING THE INTERNET.
Failure to comply with the library policies will result in loss of privileges.