Killaloe Public School began in 1896 at 7 King Street (Cashubec residence) and in 1929 moved to a new building constructed at 150 John Street (K, H&R Municipal Hall). In 1992 a new (current) building was constructed at Queen St. (Hwy 512) and opened for classes June 10, 1992.
St. Andrew’s Catholic School opened on December 1, 1901 in the parish rectory.
Fire destroyed the first school in 1912. Residents offered rooms in their homes for classes until a new two-story facility was built. Before construction of the Madawaska Valley District High School in Barry’s Bay, local children attended St.Andrew’s High School, which at one time included St. Andrew’s College (grade 13).
Fire destroyed St. Andrew’s school for a second time in 1936, and once again the whole community rallied together, with the public school sharing its facilities until the new Catholic School was built.