Killaloe & District Public Library is a community resource that promotes reading, research and lifelong learning.
The library preserves and promotes universal access to a broad range of human knowledge, experience, information and ideas in a welcoming and supportive environment. New technologies extend access to global information beyond library walls.
Effective partnerships enhance library service throughout the community. The library is accountable for the effective management of library resources and for the quality of library service offered to the people of Killaloe, Hagarty and Richards and beyond.
Killaloe & District Public Library inspires the spirit of exploration, the joy of reading, and the pursuit of knowledge for people of all ages and backgrounds, beginning with the very young.
Our library connects people to each other, to the community, and to their hopes and dreams, and promotes and enriches the democratic, cultural, and educational life of our area.
- Accountability – Responsible for our actions
- Creativity – Encouraging innovation in how we undertake our work
- Equity– Accessibility, diversity and fairness in the treatment of all individuals
- Integrity – Open and honest in all our dealings
- Participatory – Inclusive and involving in decision-making
- Respect – Valuing individual needs, experiences and differences
- Vision – Looking beyond where we are today
- Service Orientation – Providing quality customer-driven services
- Intellectual Freedom – Encouraging the free exchange of information and ideas in a democratic society