Government funding cutbacks over the past number of years have meant a constant struggle for many small libraries including the Killaloe & District Public Library. As a result more and more emphasis has been placed on fundraising. Each May we hold our flagship fundraising event, the Annual Plant and Book Sale, to raise money for library operations.
Help Support Your Library
If you or your group are interested in helping with existing fundraising programs or would like to sponsor a fundraising event or activity, please contact the library and speak to our librarian. We can always use a helping hand.
Charitable donations are gratefully accepted by the Killaloe & District Public Library. Charitable donations will be receipted by the Municipality of Killaloe , Hagarty & Richards. Receipts are Income Tax Deductible under paragraphs 110.1 (1) and 118.1 (1) of the Income Tax Act.
Book and Movie Donations
The library is happy to accept donations of gently used books, CDs and DVDs. Donated items may be added to our collected or used to generate funds for the library through our used books sales.
The Library can use:
- Recently published and bestseller fiction (within the last 5 years)
- Recently published non-fiction (within the last 5 years)
- Adult, young adult and children’s books
- Paperback and hardcover
- Regular Print and Large Print
- CDs (without scratches)
- DVDs (without scratches)
Sorry we cannot use:
- Books published more than 5 years ago
- Books that are damaged, stained, missing pages, moldy or damp
- Books with yellowed or brittle pages
- Magazines more than 1 year old
- Harlequin Romance novels
- Reader’s Digest collections